- #DeathByPowerpoint It's pitching enemy No. 1. Do not use it... or anything like it.
- #Preparation You are not good enough to wing it on the day. Know what you are going to say, who will say and how to hand over.
- #FinishOnTime If you go over time your prospect will hate you... and so will the last person up.
- #BePositive Talk about benefits, not features. In other words what your service will do for them, not to them.
- #Shoes Scrub up nice. A little more conservative than you would like, a little more expensive than you can afford.
- #FlexibleStyle Think about them more than you adapt to their behavioural style.
- #Questions Be genuinely curious. Your prospect will like it and you will learn what makes them tick.
- #Boring? There are no boring subjects, only boring speakers. Light a fire by making an emotional connection.
- #Energy #Spontaneity #Creativity These are the three components of a perfect pitch, make sure you have them all. Risk it for a biscuit.
- #NoJoking Are you Kevin Bridges?
This first appeared in the Herald Business Magazine in December 2017: http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&edid=14815359-4269-433c-b05c-18a59cadf4d1
Don’t miss out on weekly updates from our blog to motivate and inspire you to become a Rainmaker. Subscribe now!
about the author
Russell Wardrop is our Chief Executive. If you would like to know more about this subject, drop him an email and we will be in touch.